* Exclusive personalized consultations and advice on Labour Law, Industrial Relations & Human Resources at the EFC
* Easy access to the highly skilled and specialized professional Staff of the EFC, for CEOs, Human Resources and Administration Managers, etc..
* Advice on Retrenchments, Termination of Employment, Disciplinary Procedures, etc..
* Facilitating workplace dispute resolution.
* Advice by Telephone or Email
The EFC Secretariat, through its professional staff, provides day-to-day advice to members on a multitude of issues, related to employment and industrial relations. The advice is provided by a team of professionals based on relevant laws and practices supported by knowledge and experience. The research, which is done in-house, also contributes to the Secretariat being up-to-date in terms of developments in employment law and industrial relations.
The services provided by the EFC to its membership include
1. Advisory services on Labour Law, Industrial Relations and Human Resource Management.
2.Legal representation in Employment related litigation in Labour Courts and before Arbitrators, the Department
of Labour and the Human Rights Commission.
3.Collective Bargaining negotiations with Trade Unions.
4. Drafting of Collective Agreements.
5.Advice on drafting employment related documents such as Contracts of Service, letters of termination.... etc.
6. Dispute settlement through negotiations with Trade Unions.
7. Consultancies on labour issues in enterprise re-structuring.
8.Drafting of employee Hand Books and Manuals of Procedure.
9. Training programmes including customised training.
Representation before the Labour Tribunals, Industrial Courts and Labour Department is provided by an experienced team of professionals
The collective experience of the EFC in relation to collective bargaining by far surpasses the available experience in Sri Lanka outside the EFC. The majority of collective agreements in Sri Lanka are signed by members of the EFC and the negotiations by and large are done by members of the professional staff who have been specially trained for this purpose.