Date: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 At 09:00 AM
Duration: 8 Hours
EFC WORKSHOP ON
LABOUR LAW FOR LINE MANAGERS
DATE : 27TH JUNE 2012
VENUE : EFC AUDITORIUM, RAJAGIRIYA
REGISTRATION : 8.30 A.M. ON 27.06.2012
MEDIUM : ENGLISH
1. The Employers' Federation of Ceylon is pleased to present a Workshop on "Labour Law for Line Managers" on Wednesday 27th June 2012, at the EFC Auditorium, Rajagiriya. Registration of participants will commence at 8.30 a.m. on 27.06.2012, and the programme will be conducted from 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. on that day.
2. This workshop is directed at line managers and executives who would benefit from an overview of the labour laws and practices in Sri Lanka.
3. The workshop will cover the following -
§ The legal framework governing employer-employee relations in Sri Lanka.
§ Introduction to the contract of employment and various types of employment.
§ Statutory provisions relating to work arrangements.
§ Employee misconduct and the laws relating to the termination of employment.
§ The Workmen's Compensation Ordinance
§ Superannuation Benefits
4. The resource faculty will be drawn from the professional staff of the EFC.
5. The course fee per participant is Rs.5,000/- (plus VAT of 12%) for Member Companies and Rs.5,800/- (plus VAT of 12%) for non-members. The EFC VAT Registration Number is 409044077-5000, and you will receive a separate invoice in acknowledgement of the VAT payment.
6. Please ensure that your nominations on the enclosed registration form, together with your payments in the form of cheques made in favour of the "Employers' Federation of Ceylon" reach us by Friday 22nd June 2012. The number of places is limited to 35 participants and registrations will be treated strictly on a first-come-first served basis. You may also phone or fax in your nominations on 2867966-8 or 4047649 (fax) to the attention of Ms.Shenali Fernando. However, please note that confirmation of phoned or faxed-in nominations will only be made if payment in respect of such nominations is received by us within 7 days of notification. Please note also that refunds in respect of cancelled nominations will only be made if they are communicated to us at least three working days before the date of commencement of the programme.
DR. K.L. CHANDRATILLEKE
HEAD OF TRAINING
EFC WORKSHOP REGISTRATION FORM
Training Coordinator Date : ………………………………….
Employers’ Federation of Ceylon
EFC WORKSHOP ON LABOUR LABOUR LAW FOR LINE MANAGERS
DATE :27th June 2012,
TIME: 9.00 a.m. - 5.00 p.m.
REGISTRATION : 8.30 a.m. on 27.06.2012
VENUE : EFC Auditorium, Rajagiriya
MEDIUM : English
Please be good enough to register the under-mentioned person/s to participate in the above workshop.
A cheque bearing number ……………………………………….. for Rupees …………………… being the participant fee plus VAT of 12% is enclosed herewith.
Name & Designation of Nominating Person:
Name of Company:
Name/s, Designation/s & Address/s of Participant/s (and contact tel. & fax nos./ e.mail )
Please note that refunds in respect of cancellations will only be made if we are notified at least three working days prior to the programme.