EMPLOYERS’ FEDERATION OF CEYLON
EMPLOYERS’ SYMPOSIUM ON “HARNESSING INNOVATION FOR
28 & 29 November 2012 – Waters Edge Battaramulla
We refer to our previous communications on the above and write to inform you that the Employers’ Symposium will be held on 28 & 29 November at Waters Edge Battaramulla.
At this Symposium Mr Ong Teong Wan, Chairman, Management Wise Pte Ltd. – Singapore will be the key resource person who will make the key note address on “Harnessing Innovation as a new HR Capability”.
The Symposium will be structured under the following themes :
- Fostering an environment for innovation,
- Changing mindset from compliance to commitment,
- Role of HR function in the innovation journey,
- Presentation of case studies by companies on innovative management initiatives,
- Way forward strategy and wrap up.
Each session will have a lead speaker and panelists with a time for discussion. Some of the Speakers and Panelists featured in addition to Mr Ong Teong Wan are;
- Prof. Uditha Liyanage, Director - Postgraduate Institute of Management,
- Prof. Ajith de Alwis, Consultant, Department of Chemical and Process Engineering, University of Moratuwa,
- Hon. Arjuna Ranathunga - Member of the Parliament of Sri Lanka
- Dr Ajantha Dharmasiri - Management Consultant, Postgraduate Institute of Management,
- Mr Mano Sekaram - Chief Executive Officer of 99X Technology,
- Mr Dushan Soza - Managing Director, WNS Holdings Ltd
- Mr Dinesh Weerakkody – Chairman, Commercial Bank of Ceylon PLC.,
- Mr Deepal Sooriyarachchi – Chairman, Sri Lanka Inventors Commission,
- Ms Deshika Rodrigo, Head of HR, Standard Chartered Bank,
- Mr Rohan Pallewatte- Managing Director, Lanka Harness (Pvt) Ltd,
- Mr Rohan Pandithakoralage - Director – HR, Aitken Spence & Co. Ltd,
- Ms Varuni Amunugama - Joint Managing Director, Triad (Pvt) Ltd,
- Mr Rohit Khosla - General Manager, Taj Hotels Ltd.
The Session Moderators will be
· Mr Sunil G Wijesinha – Deputy Chairman – EFC,
· Mr Gotabaya Dasanayaka – Senior Specialist, Employer Activities ILO and
· Mr Franklyn Amerasinghe – Director, John Keells Holdings PLC.
The Symposium will also feature a special session during which, case studies of companies with innovative management practices will be showcased. A circular in relation to this has already been sent to members.
Cost of Participation
The cost of participation will be as follows :
Members of EFC - Rs 11,000 + VAT
Non Members - Rs 13,500 + VAT
Early bird Registration –
The first 100 registrations will be given a discount rate on the following basis :
Members of EFC - Rs 10,000 + VAT
Non Members - Rs 12,500 + VAT
The EFC VAT number is 409044077 7000, and you will receive a separate invoice in respect of the VAT payment.
The Symposium will commence with the inauguration on 28th November, 2012 at 9.00 a.m. and conclude after lunch on the 29th November 2012.
R L P Peiris